Hello Beeks. This is your reminder of our next meeting this coming Saturday (NOT SUNDAY) 6 April at the Castlegar Public Library downstairs meeting room, starting at 13:00.
Our agenda items will be;
1. Report back from the BCHPA semi annual held March 21 – 23 in Kamloops.
2. For those beekeepers who sell their honey to strangers, information on how to become part of the BC “Honey Library” that will start to be collected this year by Peter Awrum with his new NMR machine.
3. The Iotron runs past and future.
4. Booths/presentations at public information days: 1. Salmo Earth Day event on Sunday 21 April (Easter Sunday), 2. another Earth Day Market at Taghum Hall, also on Easter Sunday 21 April, 3. Pass Creek Spring Fair on Saturday 4 May, 4. Castlegar Garden and Nature Fest on Saturday 25 May, 5. a half hour presentation request about bee friendly plants on Saturday 22 June at Castlegar Community Complex for the Peony Festival. We will need volunteers, please. What festivals / fairs have we missed?
5. A “Pollinator Friendly Flower” walk with Helen Sebelius at Against the Wind Nursery and Farm in Winlaw. Date to be determined by the best blooming time, probably late May or early June.
6. Another T-shirt, golf shirt, hoodie order??
7. Elections for president, BCHPA regional representative, and secretary.
We have not collected enough sugar for a raffle this time, but we would sure appreciate the empty pails back if you “borrowed” one last time. 🙂 We’ll probably have our next raffle at the May meeting, Sunday 5 May at Paul’s place.
As always, we will have time for your question, which may get 2 or more answers, 😉 and hopefully for any other topics that you may raise for this meeting or future ones.