Hello Beeks. This is your reminder of our next meeting this coming Sunday 3 February at Paul’s place, 987 Bridgeview Road, in sunny Ootischenia, starting at 13:00.
Topics of discussion will include;
1. Laena will again be taking names of anyone interested in order to expand our mentorship and swarm lists.
2. We had a lengthy discussion at our January meeting on the control methods used on invasive plant species and their effect on our bees. Please read the article posted below by Bronwyn on the proposed development of a Regional District Pest Management plan and their desire for feedback. Your ideas will be welcome.
3. We will have a raffle this meeting as we have about 10+ buckets of sugar donated so far, just in time for spring feeding. Please bring an empty bucket in case you are a lucky winner, and if you still have a “borrowed” 😉 club bucket, please bring it back. We need them to place in our donor stores. Our donor stores are No Frills and Safeway in Castlegar, and the Wholesale Club in Nelson. Please support them and thank the manager if you get a chance to do so. If you have any other items to donate for the raffle, they will be more than welcome.
4. The March 2 workshop being held by the East Kootenay Beekeepers club (see the notice posted below), as well as further discussion on our potential involvement of the Iotron sterilization trip.
5. As always, we will have time for your question, which may get 2 or more answers, 😉 and hopefully for any other topics that you may raise for this meeting or future ones.
Paul is always kind enough to have tea and coffee for us. Any snacks you could bring will definitely be appreciated. Looking forward to seeing you on Sunday the 3rd.
1 thought on “February Meeting”
I am going to try and attend this meeting, but if I cannot, please put our name down on your list for swarm control.
Comments are closed.