For those folks registered for the West Kootenay Beginners Course, this is to remind you that the first field day is scheduled for this coming Sunday 23 April. You should have received an e-mail from me about this. If you are registered and did not get an e-mail then I must not have your e-mail address or I have an incorrect one. Here is the gist of it;
A few points of info;
1. Field Day #1 is hopefully this coming Sunday 23 April. My place (Bee Bus Apiary) is 431 Rosedale Road, just off Frank Beinder along the flat to the college.
2. If you haven’t registered and would like to attend, please do so online. It saves me a lot of hassle and trying to make change;
3. I say hopefully because rain is forecast and if it is really coming down we can’t open the bees. We could still meet and talk if you like, but I would postpone the hive inspections until next Sunday 30 April. Sorry about that but cold weather will chill the brood and the babies will die. I will send an e-mail Sunday morning if that is the case and also post here on Kootenay Bee News;
If you haven’t hit the “Follow” button yet (bottom right corner), you should. Then any new post shows up in your e-mail box.
4. I hope that you now have protective bee clothing for going into hives. If not, please wear closed shoes, long pants, long sleeves, and bring the longest gloves you have, and a hat. I can probably rustle up a veil for you. I also have a few old suits but not many and I can’t guarantee a fit.
5. Bring lunch and a drink. We generally talk bees for a couple of hours and try to answer everyone’s questions, have lunch, and then go into the hives. A folding chair might be a good idea as well. I have some plastic lawn chairs but not enough for the whole crew.
Anyway, I hope that’s everything you need to know. If you have other questions, let me know. Do a sun dance and hopefully see you Sunday.